Deputy County Counsel
Chris Capozzi joined the Office of the County Counsel in 2012, was on extended military leave from 2014 to 2018, and returned to the office in August 2018. His assignments include support to the Civil and Code Enforcement Section, the Tax Collector's Office, the Conflicts and Ethics Team, and the Public Safety and Justice Section.
Since joining the Office, Chris has represented the Department of Revenue, the Procurement Department, and the Fairgrounds Management Corporation. He has represented the County in Personnel Board appeals and other employment law matters. He has also acted as counsel to local school boards conducting appeal hearings.
Christopher’s professional expertise includes:
- Federal Criminal and Civil Litigation
- Administrative Investigations
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, M.S. (Entomology), 2003
- Ithaca College, B.A. (Biology), 1992
- Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.) with the U.S. Army JAG Corps
- Law Clerk to the Honorable K. Michael Moore, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2011-2012)