Lead Deputy County Counsel
Lisa Harrison joined the Office of the County Counsel in 2018. As a member of the General Government team, she provides advice regarding privacy and data security, compliance, public governance, and other public law issues.
Prior to joining the Office, Lisa was a Deputy General Counsel at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and led the Legal Counsel Section. While at the FTC, Lisa advised on a broad array of privacy, consumer protection, and administrative law matters as well as internal operations and congressional affairs.
Lisa's professional expertise includes:
- Privacy and Data Security
- Consumer Protection
- Administrative law and rulemaking
- Public law
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Editor, Harvard Civil Rights - Civil Liberties Law Review
- Williams College, magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 1993
- Deputy General Counsel for Legal Counsel at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2015-2016)
- Assistant General Counsel for Legal Counsel at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2009-2015)
- Attorney at the Office of General Counsel, U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2003-2009)
- Law Clerk to Honorable Henry H. Kennedy of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (1998-1999)
- Law Clerk to Honorable Margaret H. Marshall of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1997-1998)