Deputy County Counsel
Meredith Johnson joined the Office of the County Counsel in 2020. She is a member of the Social Justice and Impact Litigation Team and the Human Services Team.
Before she joined the Office, Meredith represented labor unions, workers, and nonprofit organizations at Altshuler Berzon LLP, a public interest law firm in San Francisco. Prior to that, she worked at the Impact Fund, where she litigated employment discrimination class actions, and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard A. Paez on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Meredith’s professional expertise includes:
- Affirmative litigation
- Labor and employment law
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2012
- St. Olaf College, B.A., summa cum laude, Math and English, 2006
- Board of Directors of California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation (2019-present)
- Associate at Altshuler Berzon, LLP (2015-2020)
- Litigation Fellow at The Impact Fund (2013-2015)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard A. Paez, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2012-2013)