Deputy County Counsel
Shreya Gupta joined the Office of the County Counsel in 2023. As a member of the Jail Reform and Custody Operations team, Shreya supports the County on a variety of matters impacting the County jails, including on the Cole and Chavez consent decrees. Shreya is also a member of the Health & Hospitals team, where she helps advise the Custody Health Services Department and the County’s hospitals and community health clinics on matters related to compliance, privacy, and contracting.
Before joining the Office of the County Counsel, Shreya was corporate counsel at Synopsys, Inc., where she helped manage a number of the company’s litigation matters and advised the business, including running investigations, on a number of IP issues. Before that, Shreya was a litigation associate at Paul Hastings, LLP in San Francisco, where she handled a variety of litigation matters and advised financial technology clients on regulatory and legal compliance, including advising small businesses and bank lenders on the CARES Act PPP loans.
Shreya’s professional expertise includes:
- Complex commercial litigation
- Civil litigation
- Criminal justice reform
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2019
- Law Students Association Vice-President
- Student Member of the Office of Admissions
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Legal Studies, 2015
- Corporate Counsel at Synopsys, Inc. (2021-2023)
- Litigation Associate at Paul Hastings LLP (2019-2021)